Skip to content

Hot Buttered Lemonade

November 2, 2012

I have had a love of lemonade since I was a little kid and my family used to have lemonade stands outside my house. When at the grocery store out of all the juice choices I always subconsciously go for one with a lemonade base…. This buttery lemonade is perfect for cold nights and tired throats and has a creamy smooth texture that you wont forget. This is the ultimate “comfort beverage” hot chocolate you better watch out.

Hot Buttered Lemonade
4 servings

3 cups water
2/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
2 tablespoon butter (1/2 tablespoon per serving)
4 cinnamon sticks

Method:

1. In a saucepan simmer water, lemon juice, sugar and lemon zest until fully dissolved

2. Pour each serving into glasses or mugs and top with 1/2 tablespoon of butter and a cinnamon stir stick

3. Enjoy.

If you want to kick up your lemonade a notch you can also add 1/4 cup of Rum to the mix ;)

9 Comments leave one →
  1. November 2, 2012 3:29 am

This sounds strange yet tasty, too — especially with the Rum. Thanks for sharing. I’m game to give it a go. Thanks also for stopping by Travel Oops and liking the Gaudi photos. Steph

2. November 3, 2012 2:01 am

Wow! This looks delicious. Will definitely be trying it!

3. November 3, 2012 2:02 am

Yummy! This looks delicious. Will definitely be trying it when the weather gets colder here in Atlanta.

4. November 4, 2012 2:15 am

This sounds and looks Amazing. I have a sore throat right now and I cant wait to make this tomorrow.

5. November 5, 2012 9:09 am

oOooOoOO my goodness! My mouth is watering! Way better than starbucks! Or at least more interesting! Trying it tomorrow!

6. November 13, 2012 11:19 pm

This sounds totally heavenly! Can’t wait to try it.

7. November 13, 2012 11:43 pm

This looks phenomenal! I can’t wait to try it.

8. November 15, 2012 1:01 am

The name sounds absolutely strange, but the complete drink sounds like it has some pizazz! I’m gonna have to buy some cinnamon sticks and give this a whirl :) And I do believe I might even have a lil Rum left. Thank you for stopping by onceajunkieneverforget

9. November 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Wow, brilliant idea, sounds perfect for when you’ve got a cold too!