Skip to content

White Bean Dip

November 26, 2012

This dip is really healthy and MUCH better than store bought bean dip and even (YES I said it) many store bought hummus’s. Its so easy to whip up a bean dip or a hummus at home and they taste way fresher and better. This recipe is full of garlic so if you don’t like too much then add your garlic one clove at a time to taste. The other great thing about making dips is that you can add whatever you like to change the flavour. They are SO fun to play around with.

I decided to add ancho chili powder to mine and it gave it this spicy kick that I loved. This dip is full of protein and a great snack to have with vegetables or some whole wheat pita bread.

White Bean Dip

1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
3 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp lemon juice
grated lemon zest
2 minced garlic cloves
PINCH of ancho chili powder
Salt and Pepper
Paprika for topping

1. Put all ingredients in food processor, blend until smooth

2. Serve with paprika sprinkled on top a drizzle of olive oil and  with veggies of choice

8 Comments leave one →
  1. November 26, 2012 11:51 pm

Mmmm…looks absolutely yummy! Thanks-Izzie J

• November 27, 2012 12:05 am

No problem!! you can try adding different spices too and experiment!

2. Sean Breslin permalink
    November 26, 2012 11:57 pm

That looks delicious!

3. Jill permalink
    November 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Visually, I think that the paprika makes all the difference – cannot wait to make!!

4. November 28, 2012 8:55 pm

This looks amazing. I made your goats cheese puff pastry the other day. It was a hit. Question – can I do this in a blender, my food processor broke.

• November 28, 2012 9:06 pm

I think it should be fine – as long as your garlic is chopped finely before you add it and make sure not to over blend it – maybe use a lower speed!

Let me know if it works!!

5. Anonymous permalink
    January 4, 2014 5:55 pm

I just made this…yummy! I added some chili powder, cumin, and cayenne as well as a little more lemon juice, for personal preference, and it’s delicious!